Help ! Any suggestions appreciated.

For everything Garmin Zumo 345/350 related
Airfiddler
Canada

Help ! Any suggestions appreciated.

Post by Airfiddler »

I have a Zumo 350 LM which has suddenly started acting up. The touchscreen is now VERY unresponsive. I have tried reloading the maps...no change. I have taken out the memory card and rebooted....no change. The onboard memory is not full (about 60%) I have held down the off button untill the unit recycles up to four times, to see if I can get a hard reset.....no change. Generally the screen may respond after 10 to 12 touches, but then its locked up again, arragh !! I have had this unit since new, so it is well past warranty. Can the firmware/software be reinstalled ? There is no physical damage to the unit, I suspect a software bug somewhere, does the touchscreen wear out ? Is this unit worth sending in for repair ? It was not inexpensive and I feel I should get more than 5 years use out of it, as it was not abused, or damaged. Thanks for any advise on this frustrating situation.

kernowing
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Re: Help ! Any suggestions appreciated.

Post by kernowing »

Welcome to the Forum Airfiddler, hope you find it friendly and helpful. If I could suggest @Stu could move this topic to the specific Z 350 section, you may get more views and hopefully some help. Cheers, Pete.
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
2018 Triumph Speedmaster 1200

Moose
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times
United States of America

Re: Help ! Any suggestions appreciated.

Post by Moose »

first i would check and make sure nothing is lodged around the perimeter and stuck touching the screen and then look to calibrate the screen.